The wonderful Warrandyte Toy Library is in danger of closing down after 35 years of operating for our community’s young families. After much thought, four long-serving committee members have made the tough decision to hang up their toys as their children move onto primary school. That means we need new committee members to help keep the toy library alive for another year and generation!
The toy library committee is made up of the following roles:
- Toy manager
- Newsletter/social media coordinator
- Roster coordinator
- General committee member
If you think you could contribute to one or more of these roles, we need you!!!
What it entails
The toy library meets 4-6 times a year for a cuppa and meeting that lasts no more than an hour. Each role takes no more than a few extra hours of your year and in return you get:
- Free membership
- The ability to borrow toys over summer (regular members must return in the last two weeks of term 4)
- Input into the toys we purchase
- The satisfaction of keeping the toy library running during it’s fourth decade
- The forming of life-long friendships with your fellow committee members
How to volunteer
If you are ready to help out our community, please contact us asap! We’d love to have you help the Warrandyte Toy Library keep its doors open.