The Warrandyte Toy Library is run by a committee of volunteers, serving the local community for over 30 years. We are conveniently located in the North Warrandyte Community Centre and next door to the Yarra Warra Pre-school. We have over 500 toys to choose from and regularly replenish our stock to keep the kids entertained.
The Warrandyte Toy Library has toys to suit children aged 6 months to 6 years. We have a large range of indoor and outdoor toys plus puzzles, games, train sets, costumes, musical instruments, baby toys and ride-on toys. Our party pack is available to borrow free of charge to members.
- To provide a wide range of interesting, good quality and safe toys for children aged six months to six years, including those with special needs.
- To encourage parents to learn about the importance of play, and the stages of child development, by giving them easy access to appropriate information.
- To save families money by providing some expensive, larger items, thus offering the ability to test-drive toys before buying favourite ones.
- To offer the ability to change toys frequently, according to level of interest and age group.
- To support and be part of the network of community groups in Manningham and Nillumbik councils.
- Save money. Have access to thousands of dollars’ worth of toys from as little as $40 a year.
- Try before you buy. Avoid buying items that your child may not like, or may only be interested in for a short period.
- Children learn to share toys and develop responsibility.
- Contribute to the community by being part of a voluntary organisation.
- Make friends. Meet local families with similarly aged children. Many long-lasting friendships have started this way.
- Reduce your impact on the environment.
- Party Pack.